When you start traveling for work, everything changes from your diet and how you sleep to how you exercise and engage in physical activities. The point is, traveling for work will alter your life completely, and if you don’t have the right workout or diet plan, you might end doubling your weight. More often your work will force you to travel a lot or spend hours sitting in your office. After longer hours of work, you will be tempted to eat everything you find in business dinners or lunches. The fact is, maintaining a healthy weight is not easy when all you can do is travel, sit at your computer and eat all you can.
If you want to avoid belly fat when traveling for work, here are some few tips that might save you the trouble.
Pack your food
When traveling it is hard to control what you eat, especially if you are relying on what you find at the hotels. Packing your healthy food will save you a lot. You can invest in a medium-sized cooler, add some ice and then pack some healthiest foods you can find. Doing this will save you a lot when you are traveling with a vehicle. However, if you have to use an airplane, you will need a cooler that perfectly fits under a plane seat. Lastly, ensure that you’ve packed enough food that will last the days you have to travel.
Make use of the hotel’s gym
Most hotel gyms offer every equipment you need to stay fit. Whether you want to build muscle, burn fat or just shape your body, you can always benefit by using the right equipment to perform the right exercises. I would suggest that you take advantage of treadmills and dumbbells to burn excess fat. Learn more about additional exercise routines here, bikini body workout plan, challenge, & review.
Here are some best exercises you can perform while at the hotel gym.
- Treadmill workout – Aim for 8 to 10 minutes of light jogging. If you can, try 20 minutes with some music on.
- Dumbbell exercises – You can engage in a variety of belly fat-burning exercises such as squat press, workout clean & press, front squats and more. Aim for approximately, two sets of 10 repetitions for each exercise.
- Regular Sit ups – Another best exercise that will work is regular sit up. Aim for two sets of 10 repetitions. Doing this should take you approximately, 10 minutes.
Use office breaks
Most probably, your eyes won’t be fixed on the computer throughout the day. So, take advantage of the shortest time you can get and perform this exercises.
- Double knee lifts – While sitting place both your arms on the armrest of your chair. Tighten your abs and with your knees close to each other, bring them towards your chest. When performing this exercise, ensure that you are not leaning forward. Instead, let your abs do the work.
- Pull up – Ensure that your chair is stable enough to hold your weight. Place both your arms on the armrest of your chair, tighten your abs and then lift yourself up bringing your knees with you. Hold this position for approximately, 8 seconds or as much as you can, return to your seat and then repeat.
Don’t skip meals
You might have thought that skipping meals will help reduce the weight. Well, it can if you can keep skipping. Unfortunately, this rarely works, especially for overeaters. What happens is, if you leave for work without eating, it is likely you will feel hungry and eat more than what you could have eaten before leaving the house. Keep in mind; every bite counts and two bites you take on your way to work might contain two times the amount of calories you could have taken by eating two full plates.
- Don’t waste time sitting if you have an opportunity to stand.
- Drink more water to prevent yourself from eating more
- Take smaller portions of food or don’t finish everything on your plate.
The final words
It is no secret that many people start becoming fat immediately they graduate and find a job. One fact is, you are never in control of everything that happens around you. Besides, it is hard to make time for some exercise. These few tips will put you in control and save you a lot of trouble.